Thursday 29 April 2010

Es Muss Liebe Sein...

According to Google translator this is German for 'It Must Be Love...', don't worry I'm not going to start posting in German or anything but I really love their latest issue of Vogue. I recently said I've never really bought the foreign issues of Vogue, but their editorials seem so much more exciting than the British version!

I was sceptical when I saw that Victoria Beckham was on the cover (I generally dislike celebs covering Vogue) but her editorial diminishes all cynicism.

Victoria's always going to be a WAG in my eyes (for anyone who doesn't get the WAG abbreviation, look here) but she scrubs up right good and proper; I guess it helps when you have a jawbone that could slice cheese. She also had a hand in Marc Jacobs positioning on the Time 100 Most Influential People list and being the only designer to make the cut, this makes me love her a little bit more.

But back to German Vogue, her editorial was just one of many that were really impressive...


Apparently the issue came in a denim cover, how cute is that? So along with Korean, Italian, French and American Vogue, I now want to buy the German edition - my shelves are literally going to fall apart at this rate!

What do you think of Victoria's editorial? I'm a Victoria convert, are you?

PS. The fact that Marc Jacobs was the only designer to make the Time 100 Most Influential People list is just unbelievable. Miuccia? Lagerfeld? McQueen? Westwood? Why aren't any of these incredibly talented people on that list when people like Taylor Swift and Robert Pattinson are? I can safely say that I haven't EVER been influenced by either of them nor will I be, its embarassing.


PPS. Apologies for the giant post, I'm trying to make up for lost time!

Photos from thefashionspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Love the posh photos! She looks amazing
    And i agree on the last part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i'm jealous i was going to go!
    but exams are on the same day :(
    hope you have a great time!
    and hope you have a good weekend!
    thankyou for the comment on my blog :)

    XOXO, BECCA
    http://fashion-train.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Shoot em' up