Wednesday 14 July 2010

There's No Place Like Home

Giles Deacon tapped his metaphorical red heels and landed smack bang in the middle of London Fashion Week - I'm so glad he's come home.

We've seen it happen before. Alexander McQueen was one of (if not the) best designers this country has ever seen and we let him slip away, definitely a case of 'you don't know what you've lost until it's gone'. However, Giles has returned from notoriously tres chic Paris, and hopefully he'll bring all of his lovely quirkiness with him, because damn we've missed it!


I remember when this gorilla-esque ensemble was shown because all I wanted to do was try it on; nothing has changed because every time I see Giles' work I instantly want to wear it. His return also means I'll have more of a chance to see the collection at LFW which is massively exciting.

Are you glad Giles has come home (I'll be mortified if you say no, so make me happy)? PS. It seems I can't apologise enough for the lack of posting recently, but I really am sorry!

photos from style.com

2 comments:

  1. i totally agree with you about alexander mcqueen. he was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the hair in the first two pics!

    ReplyDelete

Shoot em' up