Saturday 18 February 2012

New York Fashion Week: The Catch-Up

Yesterday evening I was stuck on a train for three hours and my brain still hasn't recovered from the trauma of it. As a result, I'm finding it somewhat difficult to write coherently this morning so instead of rambling on about the last of the New York Fashion Week collections, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Some of the best collections thus far have been those with tailored, cropped printed trousers and those with unusual shapes and fabrics. There has been such variety in terms of styling, influences, prints and shape that it's almost impossible to compare the collections against each other, however, slick tailoring is a trend that is constantly reappears in various guises. Maybe it's just because these shows are coming from New York but I've loved the different ways it has been explored so far. I know London is the creative Mecca of all Fashion Weeks, I wouldn't have it any other way, but sometimes we do go a little OTT. 

Now that New York Fashion Week is over, which designers are you most looking forward to seeing? London used to be my favourite city but I'm kind of veering towards Paris at the moment, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shoot em' up